These rich little chocolate bites went down a storm at my launch last night.
As well las being gluten and dairy free, the cocoa is a good source of magnesium and the nuts and seeds provide beneficial fats, protein and a range of mineral.
Here is the recipe that I promised to post:
60ml Bath honey – find it in Widcombe Deli
3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
65g unsweetened raw cocoa or cacao powder – much better for you than the processed stuff!
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch sea salt – not table salt!
1 cup (about 120g) of nuts, seeds and chopped dried fruit. We used walnuts, pecans, dried sulphur-free apricots, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
- Combine the honey and the coconut oil in a small bowl or the pan you used to melt the oil. If the honey is thick you can heat it a bit.
- Whisk in the cocoa until smooth and glossy.
- Combine the fruit and nuts in a larger bowl and poor over the cocoa mixture and stir it all together.
- Spoon the mixture into small silicone moulds or ice cube trays brushed with a little oil.
- Refrigerate until firm. Store in the fridge until you need them then remove from the moulds and serve.